Thursday, February 17, 2011

“Ten E-mail Abbreviations You Need to Learn”

“Ten E-mail Abbreviations You Need to Learn”


Ten E-mail Abbreviations You Need to Learn

Posted: 17 Feb 2011 06:41 AM PST

It kind of amazes me that in this day and age, lots of people still don't recognize common e-mail shorthand. OMG, WTF is up with that? If you're constantly confused by some of the alphabet soup floating around in e-mails, text messages, and instant messages, here's a quick guide to turn you from clueless to cool.

BRB - Be Right Back

BTW - By The Way

FWIW - For What It's Worth

IMHO - In My Humble Opinion

L8R - Later (as in "See you...")

LOL - Laughing Out Loud

OMG - Oh My God

OTOH - On the Other Hand

TTYL - Talk to You Later

WTF - Um, this is a family blog, so I can only give you the first two words: What The...

Actually, I know all these and more, and I'm still pretty clueless. FWIW, at least now you'll have a better idea what your teenagers are texting to each other! (It's a good thing I don't get paid by the word, otherwise I just cheated myself out of some cash.)

BTW, did I forget any important abbreviations? IMHO, these are the most common. Whatever. TTYL!

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read our FAQ page at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php
Five Filters featured article: Collateral Damage - WikiLeaks In The Crosshairs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment